The brief: Create a bustling street market themed 50th birthday event!
What a brief! Our client was a lover of the hussle and bustle of London markets. We were tasked with capturing the atmosphere of borough market. A place where it’s possible to discover all manner of exciting goods, foods and produce. 150 guests would be attending the party, so we needed a venue large enough to hold them, but intimate enough to allow us to create a busy, bustling atmosphere.
The theme allowed for Meats, Cheese, Fish and Incredible Sushi, rounded off with craft beers, wines and cocktails and perfect patisserie.
Firstly, we selected one of our favourite blank canvas venues in central London. Then we created a bustling Borough Market scene with five different food stalls, each serving trendy street food with live cooking station manned by chefs. a perfectly themed 50th birthday event for our foodie client!
The bar serving craft beers, English wine and our home made rhubarb and ginger tonic. To help dress down our staff they wore peak caps, fingerless gloves and tea towel tied into their aprons. For the entertainment we sourced 3 of the most talented London buskers to add to the authenticity of the street feast event.
- Carpaccio of beef served with radish, rocket and truffle oil
- Miniature sauce pans of hand reared sausage cassoulet with braised beans and shallots
- A selection of hanging dried and cured meats served on antipasto boards
Fish and shellfish bar (in association with Applebee’s fish)
- Seared scallops served in their shells with a chili soft her butter and artichoke puree
- Goan Fish curry served with steamed coconut rice
- Neil’s yarg cheese risotto served with butternut squash
- Miniature cheese boards served with jars of chutney
Sushi and bento stall (in association with Feng Sushi)
- A display of sushi served on themed platters
- served with Asian slaw, wasabi, pickled ginger and soya
Patisserie Comptoir Gourmand
- Brown sugar meringues, clotted cream and English berries
- Frangipane plum tart with crème fraiche
- Baskets of artisan breads with butter
Borough wines and beer bar
- New forest cider kegs
- The Kernel Pale Ale
- Chegworth Valley Organic Juices
- British wines
- Craft Gin cocktails (Bee’s knees and the English country garden)
Planning a 50th birthday party?
Why not give it a theme? Speak to our team about your themed 5oth birthday party. We have lots of innovate and creative theming ideas and menus to compliment!
We always take care to listen to our clients, we get to know them so that we can help carefully craft their perfect event. Call us on 01932 356180 or email email@example.com to find out how we can help you.